Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favorite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
- Better to battle than to hide.
- Live right up till the day you die.
- What are you good at?
- Always test assumptions.
- Why no one cares or makes a difference?
- How do you learn to embrace suffering?
- Generic questions blow it.
- Do you ever get lonely? Only around people – The Thin Red Line
- Everything is a story and if you lose the story then everything falls apart.
- Your never as bad as they say you are and your never as good as they say you are either.
- Find your voice.
- Copyright your faults / weakness.
- Fumbling my way to glory.
- It is amazing what can be accomplished when one does not care who gets the credit – Harry Truman
- You don’t have to start anything.
- People want to hear about a huge and transformative goal/plan/vision.
- Complaining does not create solutions.
- Build a “category” not just a company.
- The ability to explain the benefits.
- Take your moon shot.
- Playing the long game.
- God has not called you to be Successful, God has called you to be faithful – Mother Teresa
- How many times have I started over again?
- Take people out to coffee.
- I have no other choice, God has put me in your way – Four Feathers
- Write your own obituary.
- What makes you feel guilty?
- The category of “play.”
- Living on the edge of crisis keeps us alive.
- What are your principles?