Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
- Combine a new habit with something you enjoy.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs – Henry Ford
- The good plan that you follow is better than the perfect plan that you quit.
- Ask why or what if questions.
- Ruthlessly eliminate hurry.
- If it is to be, it is up to me.
- Get your breakfast right.
- Do your fucking job.
- The spiritual life is always frontier.
- Life is either daring adventure or nothing at all – Helen Keller
- Buy the ticket. Take the ride – Hunter S Thompson
- Study biblical parables.
- What is Gods process for my life?
- 1 year plan, 5 year plan, 10 year plan, 20 year plan.
- “What is the ultimate quantification of success? For me, it’s not how much time you spend doing what you love. It’s how little time you spend doing what you hate.” – Casey Neistat
- You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough – Mae West
- Above all, try something – Franklin D Roosevelt
- I never worry about the future, it comes soon enough – Albert Einstein
- One who makes no mistakes, makes nothing at all – Giacomo Casanova
- Do one thing every day that scares you – Eleanor Roosevelt
- In the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years – Abraham Lincoln
- If I’d followed all the rules I’d never gotten anywhere – Marilyn Monroe
- Action expresses priorities – Gandhi
- Pedal like a motherfucker.
- Our objective is to win the war – Saving Private Ryan
- Nothing is ours to spend and waste or trash and destroy. Everything is ours to invest and manage for the use and glory of God – B.I.C. Stewardship Manual
- The 3 I’s – Intensity, Integrity & Intelligence – Kurt Angle
- Don’t be pushed by your problems, lead by your dreams – Ralf Waldo Emerson
- Fate rarely calls upon us at a time of our choosing – Transformers