Is it a blog cop-out to make a blog post into a list? Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
Some of my favorite podcasters are Big Questions, Buckit, Exponential Wisdom, Masters of Scale, The Pitch, The Side Hustle, Tim Ferriss, Ransomed Heart and Start Up.
- What failures have set me up for success?
- Growth through discipline.
- Grace is not opposed to effort. Grace is opposed to earning.
- What does God usually do?
- What is the best investment in myself that I can give myself?
- Our success can largely be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations/actions you are willing have/do.
- Can one person change the world? – U2 documentary
- Wealth- the things that you have that can’t be bought.
- Success is found in the frontier.
- Who are you apart from your gifting?
- Create weekly questions to ponder.
- Is there a better way to spend the same amount of money?
- We fight for the man on our right and we fight for the man on our left – Four Feathers
- Decide who you want to be like and do what they do.
- I believe, help my unbelief.
- Bad decisions make good stories.
- Successful people have routines.
- Come up with crazy ideas regularly.
- Just get (yourself) out of the way. Put creativity in to everything
- The ideas come after you start.
- A smart enemy hits you where you think you are safe – Pear Harbour
- Create the story /A story worth telling
- Pray for?
- Live an interesting life.
- How and where am I creative?
- What would you do in the world if you couldn’t fail?
- The magic of focusing on the others.
- Nothing exciting happens in your comfort zone.
- You are the average of the 5 people you hang out with the most.
- Ego is the enemy.
Better questions and reflections to live by – Part 1
Better questions and reflections to live by – Part 2