Is it a blog cop-out to make a blog post into a list? Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
Some of my favorite podcasters are Big Questions, Buckit, Exponential Wisdom, Masters of Scale, The Pitch, The Side Hustle, Tim Ferriss, Ransomed Heart and Start Up.
- Bad guys do what good guys dream
- How does “this” compare to driving a semi truck in New York City?
- In every industry there has to be one billion dollar idea left.
- Did I love well?
- Go back to the why – the larger mission
- Fear is an invitation to courage
- Think about how people spend their time. Everyone is time starved.
- Fortune favors the bold – Virgil, The Aeneid
- If I have not done everything that I want by now, it’s my fault – Betty White
- Get them to invest personally, don’t negotiate.
- What is the ultimate accomplishment in my field?
- Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
- The task that hinders the task is the task.
- When in doubt what advice would I give someone else?
- What skills do I want to develop and how do I plan to develop them?
- Serve a purpose
- If the Lord is God, follow Him
- It’s never good enough to be good enough – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- The meaning of life is that it stops.
- How do I become the most interesting man in the world?
- God is frontier.
- It’s foolish not to become an expert in your passions – Richard Branson
- If it’s inconvenient to do, then you probably won’t do it. How do you make it convenient? If it’s important.
- What are my weaknesses?
- Every fucking day I have to prove myself yet no one believes in me – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- Don’t wish it easier, make yourself better
- What are my questions?
- Slow down to go further.
- Why do I think the way I do and how do I change my way of thinking?
- Nothing ventured nothing gained.
For more Better Questions and Reflections – Part 2
For more Better Questions and Reflections – Part 1