Is it a blog cop-out to make a blog post into a list? Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
- Persistence is the single biggest indicator of success. You need grit.
- Expect rejection every day.
- Start living eternity today.
- If you care about your health you should care about the environment.
- Break it all down to simple processes (steps).
- Remove morning decisions.
- Will God speak?
- Whenever there is doubt, there is no doubt (just say no).
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
- Read one article a week on health.
- Discipline equals freedom.
- Have unrelenting enthusiasm.
- Read 100 pages of fiction a day.
- How has your life not turned out the way you thought or hoped or expected?
- What is your biggest struggle?
- Wisdom is following your own advice.
- What do I feel guilty about?
- We don’t see things as they are. We see them as we are.
- What are your strengths and leverage them.
- Act as if….
- As a man, can you provide food, shelter, and water? Can you defend yourself?
- Some are born great, some achieve great and some have greatness thrust upon them – Shakespeare
- Negotiate salary later.
- Live simply so others may simply live – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- Everyone has a moment and right now there is no one else – Grey Owl
- Why should you hire me?
- What nice thing have you done for someone else lately?
- Technology is the future.
- What did you learn today? (Learn something new every day)
- List the lessons of my mistakes.