Is it a blog cop-out to make a blog post into a list? Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
Some of my favorite podcasters are Big Questions, Buckit, Exponential Wisdom, Masters of Scale, The Pitch, The Side Hustle, Tim Ferriss, Ransomed Heart and Start Up.
- Script your morning and day priorities on paper to keep you focused (don’t waste your morning making decisions).
- Whatever you’re doing, don’t give a voice to things you’re not able to change. – Vince Vaughn.
- The good shit sticks.
- Hell Ya! or no. – Derik Sivers
- You really do get what you want (eliminate the self sabotage) if you really want to change, you would change it.
- What would this look like if it was easy?
- In order to have, you have to do. In order to do, you have to be. You have to be it now.
- I am rich. I am rich now. Now that I’m rich. What do you rich people do?
- You are what you are now. This is all you have.
- Be creative not competitive.
- Guilt develops discipline.
- God will not have his work made manifest by cowards – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Busy is a decision / choice.
- Being mindful of the Holy Spirit.
- What happens if you believe it to be true and you live it every day?
- You can’t create great art if you don’t have heart.
- Your story is too small if it’s all up to you.
- Live in expectancy of God to do good things.
- In all things have unbridled enthusiasm.
- Do something you’re afraid of every day.
- If you don’t take ownership you can’t solve the problem.
- The answer is discipline.
- The power of story.
- Prioritize and then execute.
- Learn to ask better questions.
- People respond to incentives.
- Sell the want not the need.
- You’re almost there.
- It is that simple, it’s just not simple to do.
- Do your fucking job.
For More Better Questions and Reflection to live by – Part 2
Better Questions and Reflections to Live by – Part 5