Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favorite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
Some of my favorite podcasters are Big Questions, Buckit , Exponential Wisdom, Masters of Scale, The Pitch, The Side Hustle, Tim Ferriss, Ransomed Heart and Start Up.
- Get a life.
- What is my unfair advantage?
- How do you get past the fear of failure?
- Never let your memories be bigger than your dreams or goals.
- Get over the fact someone is going to laugh at you.
- Every extinction is a human failure.
- Earn attention – get trust.
- Business is about adventure.
- You have to know that what you’re doing is great and your product is great and important in the world.
- Post goals and have a place where people can suggest how to accomplish or help achieve or suggestions on making them a reality.
- Entrepreneurial block it’s simply the result of fear.
- Instead of creating a business that you have to push uphill. Create a business that you can push downhill.
- Get over – This might not work!
- What will you do now? Whatever God has chosen for me. – Four Feathers
- If there is a God, and if that God has spoken in history, then the most important thing in the world is to find out what He has said. – Kenneth O. Gangel
- Addiction = Weakness = Mediocrity – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- Creating a life so successful you don’t need God.
- If I do not have faith; what do I have?
- What is my definition of success?
- The internet. Where both genius and idiot has an equal voice
- To have faith is to believe in the possibility of a God. To be an atheist is to suggest that you are smarter than everyone else. Who is the more arrogant person?
- How to accomplish the goal without the use of money.
- What do I desire to master.
- Keep it simple.
- The person you become (your soul) is all you get to bring with you.
- Write an interesting story about your life not a perfect story.
- Some of the best things in life you can’t plan for.
- Nothing happens quickly.
- The world says there is no God. But the world also says that the world has gone to hell in a hand bag? Where did hell come from?
- Just because you can afford to spend money more doesn’t mean you should.
Better Questions and Reflections to Live By – Part 7