Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favorite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
- What are my fears (that prevents me from thinking big)?
- It’s real simple folks. Stop hurting the planet and those that live here.
- I love waking up in a tent.
- God will provide but you must to do your part.
- Man will l do what he sees as right.
- I wouldn’t want to fight him. That is why no one will remember your name – Troy
- War educates the senses, causes into action the will, perfects the physical constitution, brings men under swift and close collision, critical moments of when man measures man – Emerson (Saving Private Ryan)
- Sitting on your couch and doing nothing but complain still makes you a consumer.
- Your opinion means very little if you don’t actually back it up with action.
- How do you know what you know?
- Make daily to do list every night (5 things).
- The ability to step back and look at the situation dispassionately.
- Who would you die for? What would you die for?
- The struggle ends when the gratitude begins.
- How do you transition from success to significant?
- A list of things that bother you. A list of solutions. A list of things to do.
- Prioritize “important” tasks for the day. Handle one the most important FIRST.
- Ask God to reveal himself continuously.
- Write your memoir.
- Focus on what you can do and what you have, not what you can’t do or don’t have.
- What will the thought in the moment of my last breath be?
- I always wanted to……
- Post reminders everywhere.
- Positive people “give it a go”
- Process the failures and the lessons.
- Once you get fancy, fancy gets broken.
- Perhaps set your expectations low? And watch yourself exceed?
- Represent yourself, don’t sell yourself (let the host sell yourself).
- Not accepting the norms is the secret to changing the world.
- How you do anything is how you do everything.