Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
- Create a story that delivers
- What do rich people do? (Future markets of growth)
- There are many paths to greatness.
- What do I want to work on myself?
- Live an interesting life.
- Set aside specific time to read.
- Those who are failing college are the ones who should not drop out.
- If I could change one thing about myself what it be?
- Being great at your craft is essential (10,000 hours).
- Learn the art of storytelling.
- Success comes from what comes from inside not from external sources.
- Change will only come outside of your comfort zone.
- I don’t give a fuck about what you think.
- You don’t have to wait.
- Hero in training.
- My thoughts on planning? Not one of my plans of ever worked out. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. But it is pretty much a fact. So, so much for planning.
- If I come through, what have I got to lose?
- Co-create with God.
- What is the definition of a good life?
- What are my wants, more importantly what are my needs?
- How do you avoid self destruction?
- Trade your life of expectations to a life of appreciation?
- Purse excellence, ignore success
- God made me for a purpose. God made me fast. I feel his pleasure when I run. To give it up would be to hold Him in contempt – Eric Liddell, Chariots Of Fire
- Leave the phone outside the bedroom.
- Know your numbers (business).
- Ridiculous ideas and ridiculous people seem to be successful?
- People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.
And they find that out by the questions you ask.
- Monthly/weekly schedule for reading, projects and writing.
- We can love completely, without completely understanding – A River Runs Through It