Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
Some of my favorite podcasters are Big Questions, Buckit , Exponential Wisdom, Masters of Scale, The Pitch, The Side Hustle, Tim Ferriss, Ransomed Heart and Start Up.
- Humans think in stories rather than in facts, numbers for equations and the simpler the story the better.
- Woman have a way of complicating things – Troy
- You only have __ years left.
- Practice mindful disobedience.
- On the path to heroism.
- Where is the data on that?
- Things become habitual when they become normal.
- When we are busy God is silent.
- Use of score cards (for everything).
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. – John 10:10
- Who hurt you? – Patch Adams
- What gets measured gets managed and improved.
- Sell the value quickly.
- A much bigger future than your past.
- Do something scary every day.
- Stress is the successful persons word for fear.
- The best option is the option with the most/creates options.
- Consistently over deliver one or two benefits to your customer – 1000 True Fans
- Your opening line or sales pitch has to be completely different from everyone else’s (incorporate a story).
- Sales are lost at the beginning of the sale not the end.
- Find something that you would die for and live for it.
- What does a successful life look like?
- What are the truth’s I am avoiding?
- What if I did the opposite for 48 hours?
- If I could only work 2 hours per week on my business what would I do?
- People don’t want a sales pitch; they want to be told stories?
- Diet choices with exceptions
- How many lies do I live with?
- When you say yes to something you are saying no to something else.
- What would your 80 year old self tell yourself today?
Better Questions and Reflections to Live By – Part 5