Better questions and reflections to live by – Part 17
Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
Some of my favorite podcasters are Big Questions, Buckit, Exponential Wisdom, Masters of Scale, The Pitch, The Side Hustle, Tim Ferriss, and Ransomed Heart.
- Cold beer wins.
- Get a life/relationship coach in any relationship or partnership.
- What do others see in you that you don’t see in yourself?
- 5 most important business rules – Rule #1 Get the order/sale Rule #2 Rules 2 to 5 don’t matter
- If you want advice ask for money. If you want money ask for advice.
- “The struggle ends when gratitude begins.” Neale Donald Walsch
- Poetry should disturb the comfortable but comfort the disturbed.
- Typically, it’s big events/accomplishments that affect your life exponentially; not the small day to day.
- Detail by detail by detail by detail plan to reach your goal.
- The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. – Exodus 14:14 (NIV)
- Always do the simple things first.
- Most successful businesses are pivots.
- Does the world need this?
- Losing a girl like you eats at a guy – Justified
- What is ………?
- “Planting trees solves more of the world’s problems than almost anything else” – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- If your soul could tell you what you need right now what would it tell you?
- What pulls me forward vs my drivenness?
- Be interested not interesting.
- “A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.” ― Francois Auguste De Chateaubriand
- It’s not about you.
- To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.
- Here’s the thing: When people’s lives lack enough meaning, purpose, and value, they will invent meaning which generates purpose and then derive their value from there.
- As a writer, write for one hour at a time. 1 hour equals about 45 minutes of writing. 2 hours of writing equals 1:15 of writing.
- I feel like I have forgotten…
- Good leaders create followers. Great leaders create leaders.
- What are my unfair advantages?
- What I got done today and my 3 top goals for tomorrow. Come up with my own version of a progress journal.
- If you can’t find away to have fun then you probably shouldn’t do it.
- Significance and purpose are far greater than success or celebrity.
- Create a mission and vision statement including values that you can read every day.
- The past is never finished.
- If you only had 10 years to live what would stop doing?
- What was I made for, ambitions aside?
- In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Better Questions & Reflections to live by – Part 1
Better Questions & Reflections to live by – Part 7