Better questions and reflections to live by – Part 16
Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favorite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
- Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Jesus Christ – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Who is writing your story?
- The nearest anyone can come to finding himself at any given age is to find a story that somehow tells him about himself – Norman Maclean
- Perhaps it is pure arrogance that we would ask for anything more than life? – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- Those who panic die first.
- “We suffer more in imagination than in reality.” – Seneca
- What am I great at?
- What do I need to get better at?
- What specific behavioral suggestions would make me become a better person?
- What’s the 3 best decisions I have made?
- Good is the enemy to great.
- Do more things that make you feel like you.
- Bring your life under God’s authority.
- What is the foundation you are building your life on?
- Start visualizing today
- What would it take? – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- God wants to do amazing things in this world and he wants to do it through people.
- Remaining humble and set boundaries.
- It’s the land of opportunity, not the land of entitlement.
- Are you a consumer or are you a contributor?
- If we will listen to His voice.
- Dream big, start small.
- Fumbling my way to glory.
- Discipline = Freedom
- it aint over till it’s over.
- Who not how.
- Why am I doing this? But what for? Why do I do the things I do?
- When was the first time in your life you realized/felt that things were not okay?
- Always offer three options to every proposal cheap/ mid range /expensive.
- What is the vision? 10 years & 5 years? And then work backwards.
- What are the barriers to your big vision?
- You are going to die someday.
- Every thing I did brought me too here today.
- Don’t count on motivation, count on discipline.
- Relish the hard parts those are the parts that you will miss/remember.