Over the years in truck I got into listening to podcasts. First a few a week and then depending on the day sometimes listening to podcasts 6-7 hours a day. I have probably listen to a few 1000 hours of podcasts by now. During some of those podcast something would be said that would make me go – huh? or huh! And I would make note of it. Before long my list of better questions or reflections started filling up pages and pages. And some of it was pretty profound stuff if I do say so myself.
Mostly what I wrote down pertained to day to day life, there is some business stuff (which is kind of the same thing) and of course a little bit of spiritual sprinkled in. Over the years I also collected a bunch of quotes from some of my favourite movies; so I added a few of those in my collection of wisdom.
If we ask better questions we generally make better decisions. The same happens if we consider such wise words of wisdom from someone who may have a little bit of experience under their belt. Anyways, I plan to post a list every few weeks or so. Like I said I got pages and pages of these nuggets of wisdom.
As a side note; some of these are quotes and at the time of listening I never wrote down the author. But they are pretty good without the authors name. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of these become blog posts of their own someday.
- What do I really want?
- Eliminate who you are not
- Do not be impressed with what should be expected
- Maybe it’s not about “the definition” of success but it is what “my definition” of success is
- Please don’t tell me what I can’t do
- What does the warrior heart look like?
- Life can be a cruel bastard
- You have a role you get to play
- What we do in life echoes into eternity – Gladiator
- Nothing is a big deal unless you make it a big deal
- Because I know what I want and if I give up on that then what’s the point?
- You can’t fully create in an authentic manner until you are being authentic yourself
- You need to get use to the fact that you need to take responsibility for your actions
- Whether you believe you can or can’t you are right
- Busy is the new stupid- Bill Gates
- You must be able to believe in the inevitability of success
- As humans we have been wrong about a lot of things, perhaps you are wrong now?
- Am I happy?
- If you are a good person, every once in a while, you are going feel like an idiot
- How old do you feel?
- If you think big enough you will arrive
- This is the beginning of anything you want
- If people litter when they go camping then you know there is no hope for the human race – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- Social media will waste your entire life away. But if it is not online it never happened.
- As long as I have options. I move forward – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- What is actually important to you?
- What do I want be?
- What is one question that you would want to ask God?
- You have nothing to worry about until you have something to worry about and then you deal with it – Arie Hoogerbrugge
- I am alive and I have a mission – Star Trek Picard
- If I don’t believe in myself then who will?
- What if you are wrong?
- What is the root of why I am doing this? Why do I do what I do?
- The truth almost never feels kind
- I’ve long felt that when you live a predictable life, the future is already the past – you’ve already lived out many of your experiences. – Alee Denham